Mechanical Maintenance Tech - Blythewood, SC
Branch ID: 2241
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $24.00
Staffmark is hiring for a Mechanical Maintenance Tech in Blythewood, SC! If you are looking for a move in your career as a Mechanical Maintenance Tech, Staffmark wants to talk to you!
Pay starts at $24 per hour
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician position is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in the maintenance and upkeep of the DC's conveyor systems (accumulation and flex) and other equipment and machinery (e.g., lift trucks and etc.). Experienced applicant must be able to work flexible shifts plus some weekends and holidays. Also assists in maintaining the physical structure/building and its surrounding properties and grounds. In addition, assists in the processing of mail and battery maintenance as needed.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
- Performs daily walk through maintenance inspections of the facility, document findings, and maintains logs of all worked performed, and materials/supplies used in the repairs.
- Conducts periodic/routine preventive maintenance inspections to ensure that all conveyor equipment is working properly and is in good repair.
- Performs repairs, installation, and other services on fabrication machinery and other equipment and/or property in the facility as needed and documents time and type of work performed.
- Assist in the maintenance of the facility and its equipment by promptly responding to maintenance service calls, work orders, directives from superiors with priority given to conveyor and other related issues that could cause “down time”.
- Assists in the established facility conveyor and equipment preventive maintenance program, performing preventive maintenance of conveyor components and other equipment as required by the manufacturer or as directed by the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor.
- Maintains accountability of all issued or general maintenance equipment, tools and supplies.
- Assist in maintaining maintenance logs and schedules on all equipment and systems.
- Assist in the timely and proper processing of mail and the maintenance of “lift trucks” by changing and charging batteries when necessary and documenting/reporting damages, mechanical concerns and other discrepancies observed relevant to operating guidelines.
- Assist in the parts replenishment process by ensuring that used parts are removed from the inventory and that supervisor is apprised of parts used as well as parts that need to be ordered or when the last part/item used or when “on hand quantity” is below the established minimum if applicable.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble and takes the appropriate corrective action when warranted.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove/replace/repair defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Follows a flexible schedule, including regularly scheduled changes to shift and work assignments with similar but department-specific responsibilities and objectives.
- Follow all established facility safety and security standards; set the example for other Maintenance Associates.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment; ensure all equipment is in working order.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Why pick Staffmark? We offer:
- Competitive pay, with incentives
- Comprehensive benefits program (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more!)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonuses
- Support from your Staffmark team to help you find the job that fits YOU!
What's next? How can you come work for Staffmark?
- Check out our website and APPLY Today at www.mystaffmark.com
- Call or text us 704.864.2500
- Email: email@example.com
- Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Staffmark-Gastonia-NC-1925609694340923/
- Weekly Pay, Employee Discount Program, and Referral Bonuses!
- *Effective time management in order to meet dynamic goals and deadlines - *Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing - *Ability to read and understand policies/procedures and communicate them to employees - *Operate standard business equipment, including PC, phone, calculator, etc. - *Ability to be certified in forklift, motorized pallet jack, and cardboard baler use - *Ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, and move freely around the facility - *Ability to stand for extended periods of time - *Ability to lift up to 50lbs - *Ability to read and understand English
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Mechanical Maintenance Tech
City, State or Zip Code: Blythewood, SC
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/15/2019