Shipping / Receiving Coordinator - Houston, TX
Branch ID: 5052
Pay Rate/Salary: $14.00 - $16.00
Staffmark is hiring for a Shipping / Receiving Coordinator with Inventory Control experience in the NW side of Houston. Our client who has been supplying remanufactured semi compressors to the HVAC industry for over 40 years is seeking to hire on a temp to hire basis! If you are seeking a full time career opportunity with a well established company, then this is the job for you!
MAIN PURPOSE: Perform Basic warehouse duties and forklift operations
- Operate material handling equipment.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Exposure to manufacturing warehousing and/or quality inspection beneficial.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail and able to handle multiple projects
- Good housekeeping skills.
- Load/unload all in-bound/out-bound freight.
- Assist shop personnel when needed.
- Prepare all material for shipment.
- Inspect warehouse equipment for proper operation and check all fluid levels daily.
- Maintain clean workstation and secure all tools at end of shift.
- Perform all warehouse duties, i.e., receiving, including QC inbound inspection, shipping, stocking, picking work orders and processing all paperwork associated with these processes.
- Know, understand and comply with all requirements of Sparrows Quality Policy, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment. Heavy Industrial, Manufacturing experience preferred. Hours: 6am-3:30PM Monday-Friday.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Supply Chain - Logistics
Temp to Hire Position
Supply Chain - Logistics
Apply for this Position
Shipping / Receiving Coordinator
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/18/2019