Air Customer Service Agent - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $20.00 - $22.00
- Receive and validate customer orders
- Issue shipment handling instructions to Document Processing staff
- Reserve HAWB number
- Arrange for pick-up/transfer of cargo
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact.
- Establish customer communication preference, i.e., phone, e-mail, fax, visit
- Handle and manage all customer contact at file level regarding exceptions
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from air carriers.
- Notify customer / broker of arrival and charges and notify PGAs of arrival (if required)
- Serve as Document Processing and Customer Service regarding all shipment details
- Provide accurate job costing forecast
- Assist Us Pricing Team in compiling quotes by providing rates, tariffs, etc.
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations
- Other duties as requested
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Perform assigned tasks to support company meets its objectives and targets regarding quality, health, safety and environment as documented in IMS and follow all requirements as set out in the QHSE policy.
- It is the responsibility of all staff to ensure that their day to day activities embrace sustainability/Health and safety therefore reducing the impact upon the environment, supporting the communities we work in and reducing incidents in the workplace.
Decision Making Authority Cargo release with carriers Route the cargo Require documents to support import of freight Exception handling by consulting with supervisor
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Air Customer Service Agent
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/26/2019