Quality Technician - Los Angeles, CA
Branch ID: 3212
Pay Rate/Salary: $18.00 - $20.00
- Adhere to and enforce quality standards.
- Perform quality inspections per established sampling plan on incoming raw materials, work in progress (WIP), and finished goods.
- Ensure test results are recorded, current, and accurate.
- Place all products that do not conform to product specifications on hold.
- Create certificates of analysis (COAs) for customers as needed.
- Organize and track samples by physically storing completed tests and logging the data into the computer.
- Stop unauthorized deviations to SOPs, work instructions, and product specifications.
- Create new lab work instructions based on customer and production needs.
- Audit the sampling collection system to confirm appropriate sampling.
- Participate in development project and support by performing the appropriate tests.
- Partner and support manufacturing in achieving quality metrics and goals.
- Provide feedback to immediate supervisor on continuous improvement opportunities.
- Monitor and ensure lab equipment are properly working.
- Ensure all quality documents are filled out and submitted in a timely manner including Master Cleaning Lists (MCL).
- Responsible for compliance with food safety, SQF Code, and good manufacturing practices (GMP) requirements.
- Adhere to applicable prerequisite programs (PRP) per HACCP requirement.
- Other duties as assigned.
2+ years stable work experience in a manufacturing setting. Previous experience working in a quality lab is a plus. Must be able to read and write in English, as well as proficiency in math. HS Diploma or GED preferred. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Strong communication skills, ability to speak Spanish a plus. Quick learner, highly organized, attention to detail and dependability.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Los Angeles, CA
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 3/27/2019