Machine Operator - Birmingham, AL
Branch ID: 2207
Pay Rate/Salary: Up to: $12.00
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows and complies with all safety, work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
• Sets up and starts all secondary operations within the manufacturing area. Required to check all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures.
• Refers issues/problems to Lead/Supervisor for disposition.
• Accurately supplies/supports Production Operators with appropriate materials/functions to efficiently keep all equipment operational.
• Performs all required machine cleaning.
• Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
• Completes and maintains required paperwork and/or documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience in a pultrusion manufacturing facility or related manufacturing environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
• Must have mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Must be able to effectively communicate one-on-one and in small group situations.
• Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, hand trucks, fork lift, utility knife, and mixer/secondary machinery and computer equipment.
• Demonstrate ability to rapidly learn the operation and set up of industrial machinery per operating procedures while following all training and plant procedures.
• Computer literacy
Position is an entry-level position within the manufacturing area, primarily responsible for performing weigh-up or packaging duties within the production department. Ensures the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost and meets customer specifications and delivery requirements in accordance with PolyOne policies and procedures.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Birmingham, AL
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/02/2019