Wastewater Maintenance Technician - Knoxville, TN
Branch ID: 5059
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $18.00
Staffmark is now interviewing for a Wastewater Maintenance Technician for a Food Production company in West Knoxville. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years' maintenance experience within Dairy, Food, and/or Beverage manufacturing environment. Qualified candidates should be a multi-craft/multi-skilled technician with expertise in electrical, electrical controls, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics and fabrication and must be versed in troubleshooting industrial equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude in regards to conveyors, case formers, fillers, palletization and other industrial equipment is required.
- Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to Food Safety (GMP's), Quality programs, and Regulatory Requirements.
- Knowledgeable in wastewater treatment equipment. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery used in water purification. Having the ability to read and interpret gauges and other measuring devices is required for this job.
- Possess the ability to focus on continuous improvement in the speed and accuracy of product changeovers and preventative maintenance plans.
- Working knowledge of boilers, refrigeration, PLC's, electrical, VFD drives, cooling towers, ammonia compressors, process instrumentation, hydraulics, pneumatics, and packaging equipment.
- Have basic computer skills in order to perform maintenance and repair on computer- controlled machinery.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA general industry regulations on electrical safety (lockout/tagout), material handling, hazard communication, machine guarding, confined space, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions from management
- Able to work flexible hours as required
- Read digital scale
- Detail oriented
- Good math aptitude
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for the entire shift (long periods of time).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and repeatedly.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume and at any elevation.
2 years minimum experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry.
1 year minimum experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
Working and practical knowledge of plant utility systems is highly desirable, (including boiler systems, ammonia refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, waste water treatment).
Knowledge of Food safety requirements as desired plus.
Associates degree in an applicable technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience is highly desirable. Must have High School diploma at a minimum.
If you would like to be considered for this position please email your resume to email@example.com.
Resume required for consideration.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Wastewater Maintenance Technician
City, State or Zip Code: Knoxville, TN
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/03/2019