Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Blythewood, SC
Branch ID: 5495
Pay Rate/Salary: $20.00 - $24.00
Staffmark is hiring for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician. This is a Direct Hire position at a well known Distribution Center. If you are looking for a new position as a Maintenance Technician and have experience in a Distribution environment which utilizes mechanical conveyer system, Staffmark would like to talk to you!
- Pay Rate: Starting at $20 per hour
- Work hours: Must be flexible between 3 shifts plus some weekends and holidays.
- 1st: 7am-3pm
- 2nd: 3pm-11pm
- 3rd: 11pm-7am
To apply for the position: Email email@example.com
Responsibilities for the Mechanical Maintenance Technician Position include:
- Responsible for assisting the Maintenance Supervisor in the maintenance and upkeep of the DC's conveyor systems (accumulation and flex) and other equipment and machinery (e.g., lift trucks and etc.).
- Assist in maintaining the physical structure/building and its surrounding properties and grounds.
- Assists in processing of mail and battery maintenance as needed.
- Perform daily walk through maintenance inspections of the facility, document findings, and maintain logs of all worked performed, and materials/supplies used in the repairs.
- Conducts periodic/routine preventive maintenance inspections to ensure all conveyor equipment is working properly and is in good repair.
- Performs repairs, installation, and other services on fabrication machinery and other equipment and/or property in the facility as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of the facility and its equipment by promptly responding to maintenance service calls, work orders, directives from superiors with priority given to conveyor and other related issues that could cause "down time".
-Effective time management to meet dynamic goals and deadlines -Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing -Ability to read and understand policies/procedures and communicate them to others -Ability to be certified in forklift, motorized pallet jack, and cardboard baler use -Ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, and move freely around facility -Ability to stand for extended periods of time -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Ability to read and understand
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
City, State or Zip Code: Blythewood, SC
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/04/2019