Lab Technician - Richmond, CA
Branch ID: 3204
Staffmark is accepting online applications for the position of Research Assistant – Chemical Characterization & Atomic Spectroscopy Team, located in Richmond, CA
The open position is in Chemical Characterization & Atomic Spectroscopy Team of the Petroleum and Material Characterization within Chevron Energy Technology Company. The successful applicant will work with lead chemists on a variety of routine analyses in a high-volume facility and R&D projects which support the analytical needs of all Chevron operating companies.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
The open position requires working in the Chemical Characterization & Atomic Spectroscopy Team. The successful candidate will perform routine analyses following ASTM, or non-standard in-house methods on formulated oils, additives, crude oil, distillation fractions, and various types of water samples. Competency in maintaining and repairing lab apparatus is highly desirable for this position.
• Experienced with the following instrumentation/techniques such as: potentiometric titration systems, automated coulometric titration systems, ion selective titrations, and conventional wet chemistry analysis using manual titrations, gravimetric methods is desired.
• The ideal candidate should have working experience with petroleum and petrochemical products,.
• Additionally, the successful candidate should demonstrate proficiency in performing and documenting all instruments checks and quality control tests.
• Conduct daily preventative maintenance and troubleshooting; recognize, analyze, and take corrective action to resolve instrument and testing problems.
• Applicants are required to have proper planning, organizing, and time-management skills and vast experience working in a high-volume lab facility. Finally, excellent documentation skills and competency with Microsoft Office are highly desired.
Required Qualifications: More than 4+ years demonstrated experience in petroleum analytical laboratory. Proved hands-on experience in potentiometric titration systems, automated coulometric titration systems, ion selective titrations, conventional wet chemistry analysis using manual titrations, gravimetric methods. Demonstrated track record of hands-on experience; accurate data generation and instrumental troubleshooting. Verbal and written communication skills, multi-tasking, customer service skills and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and manage oneÃ¢â¬â¢s time. Ability to keep information organized and confidential. High School Diploma or GED Preferred Qualifications: B.Sc. , B.A. in Chemistry, or equivalent Previous Chevron experience Demonstrated organizational and communication skills. Highly skills in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated ability to work independently in a multicultural environment. Creativity and initiative qualities are highly recommended
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 4/05/2019