Combo Welder / Fitter - Houston, TX
Branch ID: 5052
Pay Rate/Salary: $20.00 - $23.00
MAIN PURPOSE: Fits and weld components to complete a weldment per AWS D1.1 Code.
Minimum of three years' experience, welding and fitting, in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to interpret and analyze blueprints.
- Review finished products to ensure accuracy against drawing
- Work on special projects
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements
- Continuous improvement
- Determine required equipment and the welding method, applying welding technique knowledge for highest level quality
- Knowledge of basic math, including decimals and fractions.
- Proficient in the use of various hand tools necessary to complete a weldment (hand torch, square, level, tape measure, etc.)
- Must be able to get certified in 3G position on 1” plate.
- Ability to weld and get certified in 6GR position.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Strategic thinking to resolve
- Properly fit and/or weld component parts to AWS D1.1 Code and engineered drawing and welding procedures.
- Plan layouts/templates.
- Stamp welder ID on completed weldments.
- Assure proper material is issued to job.
- Responsible for providing own hand tools.
- Safely operate material handling equipment. (i.e. forklift)
- Assist in training of Welder/Fitter B's in the areas of product knowledge, welding techniques and interpreting drawings.
- Perform all other duties as required by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
They must be combination fitter/welders They need to pass a 3G welding test They need to weld successfully FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) using .045Ã¢â¬ï¿½ welding wire The incumbent must have reliable transportation They need to be available for weekend work if needed to meet schedule They need to be available to work overtime if necessary to meet schedule They must have all personal tools necessary to Fit/Weld
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
Combo Welder / Fitter
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/10/2019