Shipping Supervisor - Sheridan, AR
Branch ID: 5009
Pay Rate/Salary: $13.00 - $17.00
Supervise Shipping and Receiving crews.
- Calculate square footage for each job requirement and estimate number of trucks required for each shipment.
- Knowledge of shipping truck loads, LTL, Federal Express, UPS, Air Freight, Export and Canadian shipments.
- Responsible for tracking outbound shipments and coordinating inbound deliveries of extrusions that are to be shipping with Sheridan products.
- Research information for shipping hazardous material, MSDS sheets and information in National Motor Freight Guidelines per required job
- Perform JDE system transactions for shipping transactions and order status
- Communicate shipping department needs to expediters, supervisors or management to insure that all turn-ins are scheduled to meet daily and weekly loading schedules
- Communicate any anticipated or actual delays to the scheduled shipment as necessary, informing customers and project managers of the sales order status, assist customer communications regarding all aspects of shipments
- Facilitate redline shipments
- Knowledge of job responsibilities associated with the Shipping Clerk and Shipping Coordinator, providing backup when necessary
This position is to perform clerical responsibilities associated with shipping requirements and coordination of shipping schedules with customer and PMT's. Work closely with Shipping Coordinator to support all functions of shipping department activities.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Sheridan, AR
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/10/2019