Market Manager - Torrance, CA
Branch ID: 5549
Staffmark is hiring!!! We have an office in the Torrance and we are looking for a very successful Market Manager to help run the office. Staffmark is under the umbrella of our parent company, Recruit Holdings. We have offices nationwide and internationally. Take a look at the below job description and let me know if it piques your interest. You can reach me at 480-477-3261 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the role. Thanks!
Supervises and directs a staff composed of Account Managers responsible for servicing employment needs of customers in a given geographical area. Develops and maintains excellent customer relationships, promotes new business, investigates and resolves day-to-day problems and issues
Supervises and directs a staff composed of Account Managers responsible for servicing employment needs of customers in a given geographical area. Develops and maintains excellent customer relationships, promotes new business, investigates and resolves day-to-day problems and issues.
This position reports to the Area Manager or Regional Director.
1. Responsible for the overall financial operation and profitability of the branch. Assists in the preparation of detailed annual budget including projected hours, sales, operating expenses, gross margin and profit contributions. Reviews and analyzes financial and general management reports, including profit and loss statements and sales reports/analyses. Maximizes profitability of the branch by developing and monitoring the pay/bill structure to ensure proper gross margin levels. Ensures order fill rates for temporary assignments, temp-to-hire and direct hire placements meet or exceed established targets for the branch.
2. Provides overall management direction and support to branch employees. Establishes priorities in office activities. Maintains an efficient and skilled staff by interviewing, hiring and training employees. Schedules, assigns, and reviews work of staff. Responsible for appraising employee performance, recommending status and salary changes, and maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures. Ensure timely and accurate payment of wages to staff by overseeing the submission of payroll boards, where applicable.
3. Promotes understanding and teamwork in the organization by maintaining open channels of communication with superiors, peers, and subordinates. Discusses problems or possible problems with staff and follow up to ensure problem resolution. Conducts regular staff meetings to ensure staff is aligned with branch and company goals.
4. Ensures customer satisfaction with Company services by monitoring current activity, making adjustments to plans or services as needed. Makes regular in-person visits to customers to ensure satisfaction and to identify additional customer needs and opportunities to grow business. Arranges job shadows and other value-added services.
5. Prepares and generates a variety of reports for management, staff, corporate and others. Reviews and analyzes various reports (including incoming reports), giving special consideration to potential problem areas and share information with appropriate individuals.
6. Manages customer relations issues. Investigates and resolves customer/employee problems and issues and inform appropriate personnel of problems and opportunities. Researches and answers employee/client questions. Monitors and follows-up on account receivables in conjunction with the Credit/Collections department. Monitors and follows-up on delinquent customer accounts.
7. Participates in the branch goal-setting process; provides input to management regarding the branch's short-and long-range business plans. Plans future staffing needs and organizes methods of servicing future orders.
8. Increases sales and profits for the Company by generating new business. Prepares and presents proposals for new business, negotiates terms of new business, and adhere to established parameters. Monitors external environment, scan advertising media for business opportunities, and contact companies currently advertising for new employees. Coordinates sales efforts and assures maximum efficiency.
9. Interfaces with other branches and departments within the entire organization. Share information on customers, employees, orders, and other issues with appropriate personnel. Informs appropriate personnel of problems and opportunities.
10. Enhances Company image in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with local organizations and community leaders. Participates in local organizations and job fairs and make presentations for various organizations.
11. Ensures that office staff verifies all I-9's and conducts and documents background/drug screens (if required by customer) prior to employee being sent on assignment.
12. Responsible for maintaining compliance with Company quality programs and processes including delete compliance, as well as cooperating with audits, developing staff and branch objectives as required.
13. Regularly performs Account Manager duties (interviewing and placements).
14. Must be available for on-call duty after hours and on weekends. May require shift work.
15. Performs miscellaneous duties as needed.
1. Understand and support the Vision and Values of Staffmark.
2. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or institution.
3. 3-5 years of work experience in customer service, human resources, or general management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
4. Prior staffing experience preferred.
5. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and customer service skills.
6. Strong time and project management skills.
7. Strong working knowledge with Microsoft Office products.
8. High sense of integrity and ability to work with confidential data required.
1. Understand and support the Vision and Values of Staffmark. 2. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or institution. 3. 3-5 years of work experience in customer service, human resources, or general management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Direct Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Torrance, CA
Position Type: Direct Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/10/2019