Packaging Operator - Greer, SC
Branch ID: 1102
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $13.00
Staffmark is hiring for a Package Operator in Greenville, SC. If you are looking for a new position, Staffmark would like to talk to you!
So why pick Staffmark? We offer:
• Competitive pay, with incentives
• Comprehensive benefits program (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more!)
• Employee Discount Programs
• Referral Bonuses
• Support from your Staffmark team to help you find the job that fits YOU!
What's next? How can you come work for Staffmark?
• Check out our website and APPLY Today at www.mystaffmark.com
• Call or text us 864.322.6004
• Email: Greenville@staffmark.com
• Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GreenvilleSCJobs/
The purpose of this job is to perform final inspection, stack, count, package and prepare finished bundles of foam insulation panels for delivery to the end user. Salvage work, offline assembly and housekeeping are also important components of this job.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Inspect foam insulation boards/panels.
* Stack foam insulation boards/panels into units approximately 48 inches in height.
* Palletize and properly label verified insulation units by fastening palletizing materials and stretch wrapping finished units through automatic machinery for delivery to the storage area.
* Perform salvage operations as necessary
* Fabricate and package composite panels in an adjacent offline work space.
* Keep packaging area neat and presentable. *Other duties as needed.
Band Saw, Bi-sect Saw, Salvage Saw, Stretch Wrappers, Dust collectors, sticker slitter, Glue Gun (may be trained to also operate forklift and scissors lift).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand during working time of an 8 to 10-hour shift.
* The employee is regularly required to walk the length of the packaging line.
* The employee must be able to constantly use hands, fingers, and arms to adjust operational components of equipment, tools, and controls in the packaging department.
* Employee must regularly be able to use hands and arms to lift, balance and stack cut foam insulation boards/panels to 4 foot stacks.
* Employee must regularly apply labels and film to bundles of stacked product and as necessary replace film rolls weighing approximately 38 pounds.
* Employee must regularly lift and manipulate foam boards (up to 20 pounds each) and 4x8 wood panels (approximately 50 pounds each) for product assembly.
* The employee must regularly bend and twist, and move 4.5 cubic yard steel containers on casters filled with sawdust and scrap foam manufacturing products weighing approximately 500 pounds (Fernley).
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
* Must be able to read and use a tape measure accurate to 1/16”.
* Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
* Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. Safety is essential because of exposure to industrial equipment.
* The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or hot surfaces.
* Walking surfaces may be uneven (steps and platforms).
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to fulfill the purpose, requirements, and physical demands of the job.
*MUST HAVE RESUME *Steel Toed Shoes *Manual Labor *Very Physical Position *High School Diploma or GED
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Greer, SC
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/11/2019