Plant Maintenance Operator - Richmond, CA
Branch ID: 3204
Pay Rate/Salary: $24.00 - $26.00
Do you have Plant Maintenance Experience? Are you looking for a refinery job?
Why not come work for us at Chevron, one of the world's leading energy companies!
As a Technician you will have the opportunity to work in Operations at our Distillation Lab.
1. Operates complex distillation and process laboratory equipment maintaining round-the-clock operations under the direction of the supervisor/lead technician or operator.
Laboratory equipment includes large and small reactors, research units and distillation columns. Operating at elevated temperatures, high pressures as well as atmospheric and sub-atmospheric pressures.
2. Full participation in Operational Excellence (OE) individually, on your crew and the ESU team.
3. Operates process units, utility systems, and related equipment in accordance with the requests of research scientists and engineers with oversight of the supervisor or lead technician. Ensures equipment is properly inspected to detect any unsafe or improperly functioning equipment.
4. Follows the work of new experiments, new additions or changes to process units and house systems to assure adherence to safe work practices.
5. Provides support in sample handling activities for research and crude assay samples for internal and external customers and other internal labs.
6. Moving drums with a drum truck- could be up to 55-gallon drums when operating.
7. The ability to take in data reading and instruments.
- Min: High School Diploma; Preferred: Associate degree, or equivalent in science, technology, mechanical/pipe fitting trade or related field
- Strong mechanical aptitude, process equipment and/or instrument technology
- OE for Labs
- Candidate needs to be self-driven, ability to work well under others, and taking instructions.
Prefer Experience with:
- ROP or P-Tech school (Refinery Operator Training) experience/attendance
- Chemicals, heavy oil and distillate research or related materials
- Some knowledge of electrical systems
- Basic excel and word software
- Strong Communication & Chevron Way Behaviors
- Strong Commitment to OE in lab and office environments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key Chevron colleagues outside their immediate work group.
Minimum of 3 years with Plant and/or Lab Operations experience (plant equipment and maintenance) or mechanical background work.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Not Specified Position
Apply for this Position
Plant Maintenance Operator
City, State or Zip Code: Richmond, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 4/17/2019