Legal Administrative Assistant - San Ramon, CA
Branch ID: 3204
Pay Rate/Salary: At least: $33.00
Staffmark is seeking 2 strong administrative assistants to support the Chevron Upstream – Transactions and Legal team in San Ramon, CA. This is a highly visible position, where the individuals will be supporting both the international litigation attorney team, and transactional team. The position will be slated for at least a year, and has the potential to be extended or convert to a full-time role.
This position requires a high level of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail. This position also requires an individual who has a positive, can-do attitude, strong interpersonal skills, excellent problem-solving skills, is proactive, has demonstrated the ability to multi- task and manage high volume of work, and works well independently as well as in teams. The position works closely with other Chevron law groups outside of the U.S. and outside legal organizations.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• At least 8+ years strong administrative experience required, either from corporate/Enterprise or legal environment preferred.
• Demonstrated high level of initiative and independence.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt readily to the needs of diverse work groups and remain calm under pressure.
• Must possess the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and adapt to changing needs and deadlines.
• Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) at all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task, anticipate needs and requirements, and follow through on commitments.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficiency in MS office applications: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint.
• Basic to intermediate skills in Excel and SharePoint,.
• Ability to problem solve and use good judgement in making sound decisions quickly.
- Experience planning/scheduling travel arrangements (domestic and international) required – meetings, conferences, travel, catering, logistics.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Assists and provides backup coverage to other legal assistants.
• Prepares correspondence, presentations, and routine reports.
• Coordinates logistics, agendas and presentation materials, for meetings, conference, and special functions.
• Coordinates domestic and complex and extensive international travel logistics.
• Tracks and coordinates all travel requirements including, visas, immunizations, photos, passport renewals, etc.
• Prepares detailed itineraries.
• Tracks and gathers related expenses and compiles complicated expense reports in expense reporting system.
• Handles and processes settlements, e-billings, invoices, and payments within and outside the legal software system, Sets up vendors in internal vendor system.
• Drafts, formats, and revises legal documents including complex agreements which require a very high level of word processing skills, attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills to assure accuracy and coherency.
• Uses Microsoft Word track changes function and Workshare Professional to edit and revise documents.
• Works in SharePoint uploading materials, calendaring, reviewing and researching documents and generating reports.
• Follows through to ensure deadlines are met.
• Assigns action items as needed and follows up for completion.
• Researches inquiries and relieves leaders of administrative details.
• Acts as an information resource in the area of computer systems support software and hardware technical support.
• Creates and updates matters in internal matter management system.
Travel Requirements: None Preferred Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree - Legal admin experience; experience supporting litigation attorneys - Experience in and/or working relationship with the Chevron Law Function Ã¢â¬â previous Chevron would be a plus - Experience with e-billing, matter management systems and setting up vendors in payment system. -Experience supporting/working with international travel, Visa processes -Candidates local to San Ramon/Bay Area strongly preferred.
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
San Ramon, CA
Admin - Clerical
Not Specified Position
Admin - Clerical
Apply for this Position
Legal Administrative Assistant
City, State or Zip Code: San Ramon, CA
Position Type: Not Specified Position
Date Posted: 4/17/2019