TIG Welder - Pomona, CA
Branch ID: 5898
Pay Rate/Salary: $17.00 - $23.00
Awesome company that manufacturers machinery is looking for a TIG Welder. This is a temp to hire opportunity.
Apply at www.mystaffmark.com and call 951-384-7555
- Working under the direction of the Welding Lead, the Welder II completes projects with little or no supervision and performs a variety of welding processes using electric resistance, oxyacetylene or plasma-arc torches. May assign work to Welder I and check their work. Welds commonly used metals and alloys of various shapes, sizes, and thickness. Selects welding electrodes for specific welds to ensure penetrations and fusion of base and filler metals. Welds metal components together to fabricate or repair products according to blueprints, layouts or work orders. Welds in vertical, horizontal and overhead positions. Welders may specialize in certain types of welding such as custom fabrication, welding, structural construction welding, or production welding
- May give work assignments and provide guidance to the Welder I staff as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/drawings for larger and complicated jobs or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as TIG.
- Knowledge and experience to determine when materials may bend and how to prevent this from happening
- Use electric/air tools and power tools as required
- Scan all jobs through the Made2Manage (M2M) system
- Operate plasma machine for cutting as needed
- Assembly of subassemblies as needed
- Operate forklift, electronic pallet jack or hoist
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Apply at www.mystaffmark.com
High school diploma or equivalent preferred Three years experience as Welder I or a welding certification and three years welding experience or completion of a three year apprenticeship program or a combination of three years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in welding is desirable. Trade certification preferred Basic understanding of machine shop processes to have knowledge of how work flows Working knowledge of welding materials and equipment Forklift, pallet jack and hoist experience desirable Must be able to read and use a tape measure
The Company supports affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. The Company will provide equal employment in employment practices to all applicants for employment. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to any protected characteristic such as, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizen status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, status in regard to public assistance, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans and other protected veterans, genetic information and other legally protected classes. Furthermore, the Company is an E-Verify employer. Information provided on this application will not be used for any discriminatory purposes. The Company complies with all applicable federal, state and local non-discrimination laws and regulations. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations in the application or interviewing process. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.
Temp to Hire Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Pomona, CA
Position Type: Temp to Hire Position
Date Posted: 4/22/2019